[Live-devel] Socket creation issue with android-ndk-r15c and above.

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Feb 23 05:41:44 PST 2018

> On Feb 23, 2018, at 10:36 PM, Kuldeep More <kuldeep.more at intelli-vision.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Ross,
>
> Why is your call to “setupDatagramSocket()” failing?
>
> Now I have added some extra logs in “setupDatagramSocket()”.
> From the logs socket error number I am getting is 92 and error string is Protocol not available.

No, what I meant was:
	Which specific piece of the code that implements the “setupDatagramSocket()” function (lines 96 to 175 of “groupsock/GroupsockHelper.cpp” is failing, and why.  Remember, You Have Complete Source Code.

> Also found that on some devices it is working fine. But on some devices it is not working.

By default, the server uses the network interface that’s used for IP multicast routing - i.e., the one that has a route for 224.0.0.0/4.  (The reason for this is that it uses IP multicast to detect its own IP address.)

So, the easiest way to choose a particular network interface is to reconfigure your host so that it uses that network interface for IP multicast routing.  You should be able to do this by running (as root):
	route add 224.0.0.0/4 ip-address-for-that-nic