[Live-devel] Segfault in Linux / References to Null objects

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Jan 24 10:18:52 PST 2018

Marco,

Thanks for the note.  I have just installed a new version (2018.01.24) of the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” code that fixes this.  (Note that the fix is slightly different from the patch that you referred to, so you should upgrade to this new version, rather than just applying that patch.)

> I found the following patch by Hugo Beauzée-Luyssen in the videolan repo that fixes this bug for me.

Once again, the Videolan people acted like the world revolves around them.  It seems that two months ago, they went ahead and patched their own version of the code, rather than first checking with this mailing list (or even just me individually) whether or not their patch was the proper fix.  They also forgot (or chose to ignore) that they are far from the only project that uses the “LIVE555 Streaming Media” code; many other projects use it, and would also have benefited from having this fixed (properly) in a timely manner.