[Live-devel] Support for raw video format

GENESTIER Denis denis.genestier at thalesgroup.com
Thu Jul 12 00:32:31 PDT 2018

Hi Ross,

We do have to deal with special camera that display only raw video, i.e. uncompressed format (RFC 4175).
We are aware that is an heresy to stream video in that way, but you know how clients may be with their legacy's devices!!!

In a first draft for supporting this, I am intending to create a subclass of MultiFramedRTPSource (like RawVideoRTPSource.cpp) that would be created in MediaSession.cpp.
That should allow a RTSP client to get that kind of stream.

If I send you a patch, would you integrate it in your code?

Best regards,
Denis.