[Live-devel] Setting up stream with ffmpeg?

Thomas Hibbard THibbard at xgtechservices.com
Tue Jun 5 05:17:06 PDT 2018

Hello, my name is Thomas and I have just begun to use your software. I installed it on a server that is connected to several cameras streaming to it in ffmpeg through a program called Zoneminder, although each of these cameras does have their own local IP.

I am new to this software and I'm having a hard time getting a full grasp on it. I see that it's saying to use 127.0.1.1:8554/<filename> in order to view the videos. But how do I setup an ffmpeg stream to go through it? All I've done with live555 are these instructions I found online (I understand the question isn't fully relevant, but the first answer details how to install the program):  https://askubuntu.com/questions/693396/openrtsp-problem and ran the live555MediaServer command which seemed to create a standard output but then it just stalls until I Ctrl+C out of it like I have showing in the screenshot attached to this email.

Do I have to stream it somehow through Zoneminder (what I'm using to record the cameras to store video on my hard drive) or can I just configure the local camera IP so that it takes the stream from there to broadcast through live555? Hope to hear from you soon on the matter, I'm open to whatever, but I probably will have to stick with ffmpeg if possible due to the way other things are set up for the recording on my end. The encode format for the cameras is H.264 if that helps at all.

If you need more details of any kind, feel free to ask.