[Live-devel] Setting up stream with ffmpeg?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jun 5 12:16:15 PDT 2018

> On Jun 5, 2018, at 10:19 AM, Thomas Hibbard <THibbard at xgtechservices.com> wrote:
>
> Okay, thanks so much for all the information so far, I think I'm beginning to understand the program a bit more. For the testOnDemandRTSPServer, how do I run it/make sure I installed it properly? From the page you linked, I should have it installed just fine since I did the make install command.

The applications in “testProgs” - including “testOnDemandRTSPServer” - should be installed in “/usr/local/bin”.  (You will have seen this displayed when you typed “make install”.)

> I just want to make sure I'm not messing anything up to where I can't understand what is going on since I'm still learning this software. Thanks again for the information thus far.

You’re going to have to stop asking so many ‘low level’ questions on this mailing list.  This mailing list - which contains more than 1200 busy professionals - is intended for asking detailed technical questions about the software, where the answer can’t be immediately inferred from our online documentation, nor should be immediately obvious to any reasonably experienced C++ systems programmer.

If you’re an inexperienced programmer, then you’re going to have to first spend a lot more time getting help from your colleagues.  Or perhaps you’ll find that this software is not for you.