[Live-devel] JPEG Video RTP Source ignores quantization table precision

Joshua Hitchen Josh at metrosecurity.co.uk
Fri Mar 9 09:01:05 PST 2018

Ahh yes, sorry, I should have paid more attention when writing that. Honestly it was a suggestion as a temporary patch till I get the time to write a 16 bit table support patch, which is why I rushed it.
The numtables variable was for future support (as was the way of calculating the increase to curLen).
The off-by-one error in the for loop was just negligence, but is an easy fix, the same goes for the incorrect check on the if statement.
The reason that I use the for loop rather than discarding if the entire precision field is not 0 is that there is the possibility of the excess bits not being zero - this is why the RFC states that excess bits *must* be ignored.

Other than that I fully understand your reasoning for keeping it as-is, although some documentation of the lack of support could be a good idea.

Regards

Josh Hitchen