[Live-devel] Adding secondary audio track to existing H264 RTP stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Mar 28 13:47:14 PDT 2018

Marcin,

Reading your email once again, I realized that my first response wasn’t a proper answer to your question - because you are not transmitting the audio data (over RTP), but are instead are recording it into a Transport Stream file.  Because of this, you *do*, indeed, need to call "scheduleDelayedTask()” yourself - because our Transport Stream multiplexing code (“MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource.cpp”) currently doesn’t do anything with the “durationInMicroseconds” parameter that it gets passed from the upstream source.  (That multiplexing code was written with the assumption that all input sources (for the Transport Stream) will be ‘live’ input sources (rather than pre-recorded data).  That’s not the case for your application.)

Fortunately, there’s an easy way for you to do this - by changing the last statement (lines 169-170) of “ADTSFileSource.cpp” from
	nextTask() = envir().taskScheduler().scheduleDelayedTask(0, (TaskFunc*)FramedSource::afterGetting, this);
	nextTask() = envir().taskScheduler().scheduleDelayedTask(fDurationInMicroseconds, (TaskFunc*)FramedSource::afterGetting, this);

(As always, I don’t recommend changing our code ‘in place’.  Instead, you should define your own class name - e.g., “ModifiedADTSFileSource” - and just copy the code from “ADTSFileSource.cpp” as appropriate.)