[Live-devel] Questiones about RTSP protcol

赵橙 georgezhao at dh-data.com
Sat Nov 10 04:58:41 PST 2018

I see, thank you very much.

From:  "Ross Finlayson"<finlayson at live555.com>;
Date:  Sat, Nov 10, 2018 06:07 PM
To:  "LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use"<live-devel at ns.live555.com>;

Subject:  Re: [Live-devel] Questiones about RTSP protcol

>     I am learning and implementing the RTSP protocol. When transmitting audio and video streams, does it not respond to rtcp, will the streaming server (Live555) stop transmitting?

This is not really a question about the RTSP *protocol*, but instead, a question about our *implementation* of the RTSP protocol.

Yes, if our RTSP server does not receive RTCP “Reception Report” (RR) packets or RTSP commands from the client within 65 seconds (this number is configurable; it is the “reclamationSeconds” parameter to “RTSPServer::createNew()”), then it will assume that the RTSP client has died, and terminate the connection (and stop transmitting).