[Live-devel] presentation time to MultiFramedRTPSink

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Aug 29 02:23:31 PDT 2019

> This way things seems to work well, but I would like to be sure, so my question is: the fact that the frame presentation times are aligned/normalized with respect to server clock is an essential prerequisite in order to grant the correct timing for the sending of RTP packets?

Yes.  More precisely, the presentation times need to be aligned with the server’s *wall clock* time - i.e., the time that you’d get by calling “gettimeofday()”.  This ensures that clients will be able to properly use the RTCP “SR” packets (sent by the server) to convert RTP timestamps back into proper presentation times.