[Live-devel] RTSP over TLS question(s)

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat Dec 7 08:27:54 PST 2019

> Does this encrypt only the RTSP part of the conversation? Is the video still in the clear?

Only the RTSP connection is encrypted.  RTP/UDP packets are unaffected.  There is currently no support for SRTP.   And, once again, this change is only for our client implementation of RTSP.

>    Can I specify the TLS library or are we required to use Openssl. (some license issues in some cases)

Another TLS library should work, provided that it’s API is compatible with OpenSSL (version 1.1.1 or later).  I notice, for example, that Mac OS (Xcode) uses something called “LibreSSL”, and that works OK with our code.