[Live-devel] Can't play RTSP streams on some Android devices (LibVLC). "setsockopt(SO_REUSEPORT) error: Protocol not available"

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Dec 20 08:08:57 PST 2019

> On Dec 21, 2019, at 2:04 AM, Mirco Pazzaglia <mirco.pazzaglia at inim.biz> wrote:
>
> I'll have a look into it, thank you. If opting-out of the SO_REUSEPORT is not a breaking change in any manner (is it?)

I should also point out that the reason for allowing SO_REUSEPORT (on datagram sockets; not stream sockets) is to allow other applications - running on the same host - to also receive this incoming RTP or RTCP packets, e.g., for monitoring purposes.  I’m not going to remove this code just because some random old ‘Android’ devices don’t like it.