[Live-devel] New RTSP to HLS version Question

dan_desjardins dan.desjardins at videstra.com
Mon Dec 30 10:39:08 PST 2019

First off - thank you very much for developing this. I am very excited to give this a try!
One question that I believe I already know the answer to, but will ask just to be sure:
With the rtsp proxy it is my understanding that no stream is requested from the originating device until at least one stream is requested from the proxy.  With HLS it would seem that chunks will need to be created regardless of the presence of a back-end connection or not, thus there would always be a connection to the originating device.  Is this a correct assumption?
Thanks again!

Dan Desjardins - Videstra