[Live-devel] i can not transfer the h264 and ADTS AAC data together to STB From EasyDarwin

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Feb 1 19:25:31 PST 2019

>  finally i play from  my RTSPServer in STB
>  but only can play audio or only can play video,
>  if i mix them two only can play audio in STB.

Problems like this are usually caused by one of two possible things:

1/ You are blocking (or ‘spin waiting’) in one or both of your “FramedSource” subclasses (implementing your audio and/or video device).  You should not do this!  Remember that LIVE555-based applications are event-based, using a single-threaded event loop for concurrency.  If no data is immediately available, you should not block (or ‘spin wait’), because that would prevent events (for the other medium) from getting handled.  Instead, you should immediately return (to the event loop).

2/ You are not setting “fPresentationTime” properly in your video or audio media - or both.  The “fPresentationTime” values for each medium should be in sync, and aligned with ‘wall clock’ time (i.e., the time that you’d get by calling “gettimeofday()”).