[Live-devel] Cleanly close RTSP Server

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Tue Feb 19 13:14:51 PST 2019

On Feb 19, 2019, at 11:53 AM, Kevin Bailey <kevin at pudle.io> wrote:

> Maybe this doesn't have anything to do with my clean up code?

Indeed it doesn’t.  The “problem” is that Live555 doesn’t set SO_REUSEADDR, which it is technically correct to do:

    https://stackoverflow.com/a/3233022/142454

You can set it yourself on the RTSP TCP sockets, but then on your head be the consequences!

> netstat says that the rtsp port I am using is in the following state "FIN_WAIT2". After I kill my client then it moves to "TIME_WAIT”.

Time to go [re]read Stevens, then: https://amzn.to/2IoH5hY

Spoiler: it’s telling you the same thing as above.