[Live-devel] Encrypting rtp stream

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Feb 22 13:16:20 PST 2019

>  That being said, isn't the extra copy unavoidable?

Obviously a RTP packet payload needs to be ‘copied’ (read through) in order to be encrypted.  What I was referring to was the fact that - given our current buffer implementation - we currently need to make an extra copy to add a SRTP authentication header.

In any case, as I’ve noted before, LIVE555 does not, and will not, support encryption, because RTSP 1.0 does not support encryption.  So this issue is moot.