[Live-devel] Port forwarding of multiple cameras

Indu Girish indu.girish at gadgeon.com
Tue Jan 15 22:04:37 PST 2019

Hi,

We are developing an android app to stream media from an IP camera.
We are running a proxy server in android to multiplex the camera stream.
We use port-forwading to get media stream from remote cameras connected to
a router.
At present, streaming RTP over UDP, we can connect to a single remote
camera connected to the router, at a time. I beleive we need to configure
RTP and RTCP ports for video/audio streams also with the router. And If I
need to connect to multiple cameras simultaneously, I need to configure
additional 4 ports for each camera.

My question is how can we use a user defined value for server ports in
Live555 library. I have changed the default value of "initialPortNum"
in "OnDemandServerMediaSubsession"
constructor, but the log shows it still use 6970 as server RTP port.

Thanks & Regards,
Indu