[Live-devel] normalization of frame presentation time in live555ProxyServer

Massimo Perrone massimo.perrone at innovatrieste.it
Wed Jan 30 09:41:35 PST 2019

Hello Ross, thanks for the response,

I see, the values of NTP time and rtp timestamp in the RTCP SR packet
are based on the wall clock time of the RTSP proxy, so they don't depend
on the (synced) presentation time of the incoming frame.

Just to know if I am understanding correctly the issue: could we have
the same effect by not synchronizing the source on the reception of a
RTCP SR ? At that point the presentation time of all the incoming frame
would be automatically synchronized with the proxy wall clock time, and
the RTSP proxy could eveb send an initial SR (as it does by default).

Thanks again,

Massimo Perrone