[Live-devel] BasicTaskScheduler doEventLoop gets stuck for >10s after some time period while receiving an RTP AVC stream via RTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Mar 1 11:09:30 PST 2019

You shouldn’t be trying to debug the event handler code.  That code is reliable, and has no known bugs.

If an event handler is not being called, then that simply means that no corresponding event occurred.  If a RTP packet arrived, but did not cause an event to be handled, then this must mean that there’s no longer an open socket being handled for these packets.  So presumably either the socket got closed - i.e., your “RTPSource" object got deleted, or else you stopped listening on the socket - i.e., you called “stopPlaying()” on your “RTPSource”  object, perhaps because you deleted the corresponding “MediaSink” (subclass) object.

In any case, we can’t really help you debug your own code.  As always, you try running our (unmodified) supplied RTSP/RTP client application (i.e., “openRTSP” or “testRTSPClient”) on your input stream, before you start writing your own client application.