[Live-devel] openRTSP dead loop problem

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sat May 11 05:00:39 PDT 2019

This is very strange.  The problem seems to be the "EBADF (Bad file descriptor)”, which tells us that our event loop is trying to do a “select()” on a socket that has already been closed.  Our code has had bugs like this in the past, but I had thought that we had caught them all by now.

I suspect that the problem is happening because you are using the “-t” flag (to request streaming RTP/RTCP-over-TCP).  This (RTP/RTCP streaming over TCP) is probably the most complex part of our code, and has been the source of numerous bugs in the past.  If possible, you should avoid using this feature, and just request regular RTP/RTCP-over-UDP streaming instead.

Unfortunately, without a reliable way to repeat this problem, I can’t figure out what the problem is here.  Sorry.