Stair or Zig-Zag view with Mjpeg codec

Saurabh Modi saurabh.modi at matrixcomsec.com
Mon May 20 23:48:09 PDT 2019

Hi All,
I am working on an IPCamera project and use live555 library for RTSP
streaming of media. We have recently introduced option for user to select
resolution of their choice. There seems to be an issue with RTSP streaming
with custom resolution in MJPEG codec. Whenever the width is set to
180/230/260/310/340 pixels and so on the view is staired or cut and forms a
zig-zag pattern. The issue doesn't seem to exist for H264/H265 codecs. So
is there any limitation of the library for these widths for MJPEG? The
encoder is perfectly encoding the frames. When I send the encoded frames
directly to other decoders they are able to decode them properly and view
is normal. So maybe is there something that live555 adds in the packet
which is creating the issue?

--
Matrix Comsec Pvt. Ltd.
#394, GIDC Makarpura - 390010. Dist: Vadodara,
Gujarat, India
 <http://bit.ly/comsec-esignature>

IP Video Surveillance |
<http://bit.ly/IPVS-esginature>People Mobility Management |
<http://bit.ly/cosec-esignature>Unified Communications
<http://bit.ly/telecom-esignature>
1 Million+ Customers | 2,500+ Partners |
60+ Products | 50+ Countries
We put more in the box, so your business can
think more out of the box.
 <https://www.facebook.com/matrixcomsec>
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/matrixcomsec>
<https://twitter.com/Matrix_ComSec>