[Live-devel] H264VideoStreamer packets sending problems with live streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Oct 6 11:12:31 PDT 2019

> Nothing happens afterwards and when I look at the H264 files created, they are indeed empty (despite my firewall being off).

I suspect that your “FramedSource” subclass (that encapsulates your encoder) is not properly delivering NAL unit data to its downstream object (a “H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer”).  Because this is code that you wrote, we can’t really help you with this (but if you haven’t already done so, see “liveMedia/DeviceSource.cpp” for a model of how you might do this).

> I also realized that RTSP streams over TCP, but I would need to stream over UDP, how should I convert?

You’re getting confused between RTSP - the control protocol - which always runs over TCP, and RTP - the data delivery protocol - which runs over UDP by default (but which can also run over TCP (using the RTSP TCP connection) if explicitly requested by the client).

Right now RTSP seems to be working OK for you, but RTP is not - either because RTP/UDP packets are blocked by a firewall, or because your server is not implemented properly (see above).