[Live-devel] Sending proper packets from H264 Encoder

Philippe Noël philippe_noel at college.harvard.edu
Sun Oct 13 13:57:01 PDT 2019

Hello,

I'm trying to use Live555 to live stream a Windows10 desktop captured via
DirectX11 and encoded as H.264 via Nvidia NvEnc (which returns NAL units).
I have followed all of the steps on the FAQ (I believe) and still cannot
make it work.

When I try to receive it with testRTSPClient.cpp, I successfully receive
the DESCRIBE, SETUP and PLAY responses, and then the terminal stops on the
message "Started playing session..." and nothing happens, as compared to
when I try a Wowza demo RTSP stream online, which gives me all the packets
information.

After unsuccessfully struggling to make this work for two weeks, I am
posting here to ask for help. I attached my DeviceSource.cpp and
DeviceSource.h equivalent implementations that I use for connecting my
encoder. I can successfully write the packets to a file and play the files,
which suggest that the packets are okay, just not sent properly. I would
*really* appreciate any help, I am so close and yet I cannot seem to make
this work. I know it isn't a firewall issue.

Here is the code I modified in testH264VideoStreamer.cpp:

Please let me know, I would really appreciate another pair of eyes taking a
look at the files.

Cheers,

Philippe Noël  <https://www.linkedin.com/pub/philippe-no%C3%ABl/124/284/148>
AB Candidate in *Computer Science - Mind, Brain, Behavior*, Secondary in
*Economics*
Harvard College Class of 2020
857.272.9715 | philippe_noel at college.harvard.edu | www.philippemnoel.com