[Live-devel] openRTSP, how to capture ONVIF metadata stream content?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Oct 31 09:01:28 PDT 2019

> On Oct 31, 2019, at 7:31 AM, p at min.nl wrote:
>
> After that, the video file fills up ok, but the "metadata" file remains empty.
>
> What could be a reason for this?

Without having access to this stream, it’s hard to say for sure.  But I suspect that the server is simply not sending any RTP packets for the ‘metadata’ substream.

You could check this for sure by running “testRTSPClient” (rather than “openRTSP”), because “testRTSPClient” outputs a line for every RTP packet that it receives.