[Live-devel] Server stops accepting new connections.

Jeff Shanab jshanab at jfs-tech.com
Wed Sep 18 07:30:39 PDT 2019

I have been using Live555 for many years so I am fairly familiar with the
code. Most of my time has been with the client side but I am currently
having some trouble with a Server implementation and was hoping someone
might have some insight.

The issue is after 3 to 10 days of constant running serving multiple
streams to multiple clients, the server will no accept new connections.
    This seems only to be happening on Linux.
    This is RTP interleaved over RTSP, (One TCP Socket, but dieing in RTSP
which is always TCP )
    I have wiresharked both sides and the traffic is the same. The 3 way
handshake is fine Syn-SYN_ACK-ACK and then the Options command is sent and
makes it into the kernels buffers.
    I added logging
in GenericMediaServer::incomingConnectionHandlerOnSocket so that success or
failure I will be notified and so far it seems to just quit calling the
calback.
    The event loop is still running as established streams are still
streaming their frames.
    Netstat shows 8554 in listen mode and as I try to connect an entry in
the SYN_RECV state shows indicating that the tcp stack is waiting for the
accept. The request queue has 0 or 1 in it.
    I have now instrumented the section where it adds.removes or moves the
handlers and am waiting again for the issue to show. AFAIK, it is assigned
in the CTOR, deleted in the DTOR and never moved.

Is there anything I am missing? When it takes over a week of use to show
up, it is driving me mad.