[Live-devel] Server stops accepting new connections.

Ulrich Teichert Ulrich.Teichert at ltg-emea.com
Wed Sep 18 08:18:06 PDT 2019

Hi,

Ulrich Teichert
Softwareentwickler, CCTV-EMEA
Luminator Technology Group
P: +49 (4321) 539895-13
Ulrich.Teichert at ltg-emea.com
http://www.ltg-emea.com

LTG Rastatt GmbH | Office Neumünster Oderstrasse 47 | DE - 24539 Neumünster
Geschäftsführer: Franz Foth, Hans-Joachim Reich | Sitz der Gesellschaft: D-76437 Rastatt, Amtsgericht: Mannheim, HRB 521501
USt.-IdNr: DE144752608, Steuer-Nr: 39487/30502> > On Sep 18, 2019, at 7:30 AM, Jeff Shanab <jshanab at jfs-tech.com> wrote:

> > I have been using Live555 for many years so I am fairly familiar with the
> code. Most of my time has been with the client side but I am currently having
> some trouble with a Server implementation and was hoping someone might
> have some insight.
> >
> > The issue is after 3 to 10 days of constant running serving multiple streams
> to multiple clients, the server will no accept new connections.
> >     This seems only to be happening on Linux.
>
> This sounds to me like a problem with your Linux kernel running out of open
> sockets.

As an educated guess I would say that's a resource leak, so I second Ross' opinion. Try out
cppcheck (fast) or valgrind (that will take longer a bit longer) to find out where the leak is.

HTH,
Uli