[Live-devel] Streaming NVENC H.264 through testH264VideoStreamer.cpp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Sep 27 20:20:29 PDT 2019

> On Sep 27, 2019, at 1:16 PM, Philippe Noël <philippe_noel at college.harvard.edu> wrote:
>
> After further work, I have found that NVENC returns NAL units and so I will need to write my own FramedSource. I'm very new to all of this and have no idea how to do so, is there specific examples of working with NVENC I could find somewhere?

I can’t help you with NVENC, but - because your encoder produces discrete H.164 NAL units (i.e., one at a time), then your “FramedSource” subclass should be fed into a “H264VideoStreamDiscreteFramer”.  (Note that the NAL units must *not* begin with a ‘start code’.)

For more information, see
	http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput
	http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#liveInput-unicast