[Live-devel] media streaming and random access

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Aug 9 16:07:02 PDT 2020

Another thing you could try - as an experiment - is making your “.mkv” file video only (i.e., not containing any audio track), and try streaming/seeking within that instead.

I suspect that seeking within a video-only file/stream might work better, and that the problem (with the video+audio file/stream) might be related to audio/video synchronization problems, occurring after the seek.

But again, it would be good to get a copy of the (audio+video) “.mkv” file, so I can run my own experiments.