[Live-devel] Does live555 exist a way to sync video/audio streams?

Eric Hsieh Eric.Hsieh at liteon.com
Sun Aug 16 17:27:02 PDT 2020

Hi Ross,

Any feedback on my question? Thank.
________________________________
寄件者: Eric Hsieh
寄件日期: 2020年8月13日 上午 10:44:03
收件者: live-devel at lists.live555.com <live-devel at lists.live555.com>
主旨: Does live555 exist a way to sync video/audio streams?

Hi Ross,

Thanks for live555 library, our RTSP server works well. Thanks.

And one question for sync video/audio stream.

Background:
Our system will prepare audio/video frames to memory, always capture frames from driver.
For video, it is H264, FPS is 30 and driver output one I frame per second.
For audio, it is AAC, 16KHz.

Behavior:
When player ask RTSP streaming from our server.
For video stream, we go to memory and find latest I frame to send.
For audio stream, we go to memory and find latest frame to send.
On worst case, first timestamp of video frame <= first timestamp of audio frame + 1(second).

Question:
We want to sync video/audio streams when player ask a stream.
Video/audio streams are belonged to same ServerMediaSession.
Is it possible to pass the first timestamp of video frame to audio stream?
Is there a way to sync data between FramedSource?

Please advise. Thank you very much. Have a nice day.

Confidential Information:This message is sent to the intended recipient and may contain privileged or confidential information. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender with a replying e-mail and delete the message and any attachment.Transmission Caveat and Virus Alert: Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.