[Live-devel] Unable to stream from rtsp urls with .264 extension

GENESTIER Denis denis.genestier at thalesgroup.com
Mon Feb 24 01:46:43 PST 2020

Hi,
Does your problem coming from the presence of the “@” character in your password? That may invalid your rtsp url.

Denis.

De : live-devel [mailto:live-devel-bounces at us.live555.com] De la part de Siddhant Agarwal
Envoyé : lundi 24 février 2020 10:25
À : LIVE555 Streaming Media - development & use
Objet : Re: [Live-devel] Unable to stream from rtsp urls with .264 extension

Hi,

Incase I remove the username and password from the rtsp url, it works fine. and I can play the live stream in the vlc player using the complete rtsp url.

Thanks.

On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 2:47 PM Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com<mailto:finlayson at live555.com>> wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2020, at 9:43 PM, Siddhant Agarwal <siddhant.agarwal at staqu.com<mailto:siddhant.agarwal at staqu.com>> wrote:
>
> Sending request: DESCRIBE rtsp://xyz:sv@cj@0.0.0/abc.264 RTSP/1.0
> CSeq: 3
> Accept: application/sdp
>

> Received 81 new bytes of response data.
> Received a complete DESCRIBE response:
> RTSP/1.0 451 Parameter Not Understood

There should be no reason for your RTSP server to return that error.  The DESCRIBE request was standard RTSP, and every other RTSP server in the world handles it OK.

Therefore, your RTSP server is broken.  You need to contact the manufacturer of that server, asking them to fix it.