[Live-devel] [live555] doesn't call closeSockets after 404 File not found for rtsp over tcp

Siddhant Agarwal siddhant.agarwal at staqu.com
Thu Feb 27 07:09:38 PST 2020

Hi,

I am using ffmpeg to convert proxy rtsp (generated from
live555RTSPProxyServer with rtsp-over-tcp option) to hls using following
command:

ffmpeg -fflags nobuffer -rtsp_transport tcp -i rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/proxy
> -vsync 0  -copyts  -vcodec copy  -movflags frag_keyframe+empty_moov
>  -strftime 1 -an  -hls_flags append_list  -f segment  -segment_list_flags
> live  -segment_time 10 -segment_format mpegts  -segment_list
> /tmp/proxy/index.m3u8  -segment_list_type m3u8  -segment_list_entry_prefix
> http://localhost/proxy/%s.ts

Although I'm using tcp as rtsp_transport option, sockstat of
live555RTSPProxyServer shows a large number of closed udp connections and
this is causing an increase in CPU Usage. Let me know if I'm missing
something here.