[Live-devel] Increasing OutPacketBuffer::maxSize results in sendto() returning WSAEWOULDBLOCK

James Bowley mail at jamesbowley.co.uk
Thu Jan 16 09:25:07 PST 2020

Hi,

If I increase OutPacketBuffer::maxSize before compiling the LIVE555
Media Server then I get dropped packets reported in the openRTSP
application on my local network.

It appears to be due to sendto() in GroupsockHelper failing with
WSAEWOULDBLOCK

     int bytesSent = sendto(socket, (char*)buffer, bufferSize, 0,
                (struct sockaddr*)&dest, sizeof dest);

If I both applications are on the same computer and communicate through
localhost then I do not observer any lost packets.

Is this because I am doing something wrong by increasing
OutPacketBuffer::maxSize?  If not is there an easy way to schedule the
write to be repeated?

Thank you.