[Live-devel] Could not play h265 video over mpeg-ts

Avramoni, Sorin sorin.avramoni at intel.com
Fri Jan 17 05:42:19 PST 2020

Dear all,

I am trying to send video H265 and audio AAC  from a camera and a mic using MPEG-TS, I previously sent video and audio using two rtsp sessions with H265VideoRTPSink and MPEG4GenericRTPSink and it works. Now with the configurations for mpeg-ts, openRTSP can only play audio but video somehow is discarded, then I removed the audio and keep only h265 but openRTSP client now saves video frames but I cannot play the file, ffplay is complaining that it could not find start code and cannot find codec parameters.

Besides this I parsed the video stream and I removed nal start code 00000001 and I only send one NAL unit at a time.

Here is the relevant code for video hevc over mpeg-ts:

//create a RTSPSink object

RTSPSink* sink = SimpleRTPSink::createNew(*env, &rtpGroupsock, 33, 90000, "video","MP2T", 1, True, False /*no 'M' bit*/);

//LiveSource is a class that inherit FramedSource class

LiveSource* vdoSource = LiveSource::createNew(*env);

// Create a framer for the Video Elementary Stream:

H265VideoStreamDiscreteFramer* framer = H265VideoStreamDiscreteFramer::createNew(*dev, vdoSource,false);

MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource* tsFrames = MPEG2TransportStreamFromESSource::createNew(*env);

 tsFrames->addNewVideoSource(framer , 6/*mpegVersion: H.265*/);

// Finally, start playing:
 sink->startPlaying(*tsFrames, afterPlaying, NULL);

I also tried to use H265VideoRTPSink instead of SimpleRTPSink but there was nothing sent on network. What I may missing?

Thank you for your help!

Sorin.