[Live-devel] Broken RTSP source sometime lead to handler not being called

Alexander Tumarov alextai at servision.net
Sun Jan 26 02:01:07 PST 2020

Thank you for replying,

This is RTSP client implemented based on testRTSPClient code supplied with
library sources.

What is happening is that upon errors in streaming from RTSP capable camera,
sometimes no callback is called.

If RTSP source reports problems (reply is sent) - code handles it well.
The problem starts to appear if camera is not responding  - RTSP command is
being sent to camera and code sits in select call waiting for response
(actually select is called repeatedly in SingleStep from doEventLoop).
I set  a schedule for delayed task in continueAfterPlay(and repeatedly from
callback itself) - it does it works if stream is broken after PLAY command is
processed  - code keeps history of frames arrival and acts if they do not
come. But in my case the problems happens either during Describe or Setup
commands.
I tried to schedule delayed task in earlier stages (in response to describe or
setup, but this leads to different set of problems related to cleanup of
objects).

So it can be very helpfull to have a deadline timeout for getting command's
response (of course with callback being called).

Best regards,
Alexander.