[Live-devel] Frame dropping on case of packet loss

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Jan 30 15:13:46 PST 2020

> On Jan 30, 2020, at 1:13 PM, Spungin, Chaya <chaya.spungin at intel.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, Thanks for your answer. My RTP data is a compressed raw data. I can't use RaeVideoRTPSource because my frame length is dynamic.

I”m not sure I understand what you’re saying here.  If you’re streaming raw video over RTP, then you should be using the RTP payload format defined by RFC 4175, as that defines the Internet (IETF) standard for streaming raw video over RTP.

Are you saying that:
	1/ You can’t use the RTP payload format defined by RFC 4175.  (If not, then why not?)
	2/ Your stream is using the RTP payload format defined by RFC 4175, but our implementation of receiving this format (“RawVideoRTPSource”) is incorrect or incomplete in some way, or
	3/ You are using some proprietary payload format that’s not an IETF standard.

In case 1/, you should be working with the IETF to improve/extend RFC 4175.  In case 2, please let us know why our implementation is insufficient, and how it could be improved to support your stream?  In case 3/, you can expect no support on this mailing list; sorry.