[Live-devel] waiting for SPS/PPS

Matthew Czarnek mczarnek at edge360.com
Tue Jul 7 11:38:39 PDT 2020

Good catch, you're right about those looking strange.. I don't think I have
been setting profile-level-id, I can't remember doing that anyway, how
would I set that one?

Regarding sprop-parameter-sets, I'm still exploring but I believe that one
is created from fSPSNAL and fPPSNAL, which appear to be set correctly, am
I right?
fPPSNALSize = 4
fPPSNAL = "hî<€ýýýýd™Nõ"

fSPSNAL = "gM"
fSPSNALSize = 20

I know what it's supposed to be as I'm using ffmpeg to pull both
sprop-parameter-sets and profile-level-id out of the file: a=fmtp:96
packetization-mode=1;
sprop-parameter-sets=Z00AKeKQDwBE/LgLcBAQHh4kRUA=,aO48gA==;
profile-level-id=4D0029
But I then parse it and turn it into the PPS and SPS, so Live555 can turn
it back.

I hear you about Linux vs Windows.. wish I could change but the project is
all Windows and not my choice :(

Though I will say, I love Visual Studio's debugger.. don't know anything on
Linux that compares. Do you?

-Matt

On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 7:10 PM Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:

> > On Jul 7, 2020, at 6:38 AM, Matthew Czarnek <mczarnek at edge360.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Ok, so I am now using openRTSP to receive the video, and it is creating
> the video file ok, but when I actually go to play it.. no video plays.
>
> Make sure you rename your video file (from “openRTSP”) to have a “.h264”
> filename suffix.  Otherwise VLC might not recognize it as a raw H.264 video
> file.  Also, some more recent versions of VLC have a bug playing this sort
> of file; VLC version 2.2.8 is more reliable for this.
>
> However, your actual problem is that your H.264 video data (from your
> input device) is bogus.  See below…
>

> > I'm using a new version of live555, is it possible there is some bug
> newly introduced?
>
> No, because many, many people are successfully doing what you’re doing:
> streaming from a H.264 video input device, using a LIVE555 RTSP server
> (though few, if any, are lame enough to be using Windows for this :-)  In
> any case, the latest version of the LIVE555 code is the only version that
> we support.
>

> > I see these errors in VLC's log:
> […]
> > hevc warning: <span style="color: #ffff66">Forbidden zero bit not null,
> corrupted NAL</span>
> > hevc error: <span style="color: #ff6666">Failed decoding VPS id 0</span>
>
> Somehow VLC thinks that this video data is H.265 (aka. HEVC), not H.264.
> This, along with the evidence noted below, tells you that the video data is
> completely bogus - not valid H.264 video.
>

> > a=fmtp:96
> packetization-mode=1;profile-level-id=DDDDDD;sprop-parameter-sets=3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d3d0=,AP39/Q==
>
> This “profile-level-id” and "sprop-parameter-sets” - both taken from the
> video source initially (by the LIVE555 server code) - look completely
> bogus.  This tells me that your video input source (i.e., whatever
> “FramedSource” subclass you are using) is generating bogus H.264 video data
> - i.e., not proper H.264 NAL units.  You need to fix this - at the server
> end - before bothering to look at what’s getting streamed over the network.
>

> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/

Matthew Czarnek