[Live-devel] new to Live555, seeking info and advice

Blake Senftner bsenftner at cyberextruder.com
Wed Jul 8 09:42:06 PDT 2020

Thank you for the quick replies, Ross & Mathew.

>> Q1: Does anyone know of or have their own Live555 tutorial, blog or related resource to learn this code base better? Any books?

>No.  As described in our FAQ (which everyone is asked to read before posting to the mailing list :-), all of our documentation is online:

>             http://live555.com/liveMedia/faq.html#doc

I read the FAQ first, as well as the on-site documentation I could locate. (A site index might be a nice addition.)

My experience developing in the ffmpeg ecosystem includes many 3rd party, random developer blogs and tutorials.
For example, the “Dranger tutorial” is an independent developer walking through creating a video player.
The Dranger tutorial is the deepest, most recommended documentation for ffmpeg, and it is completely independent of any of the official ffmpeg sites or documentation.

Perhaps this Chinese language walk through of the Live555 example applications is that for Live555?
It appears to start with what is at live555.com, and then embellish with deeper explanations.

Blake Senftner
Sr. Software Scientist | CyberExtruder
bsenftner at cyberextruder.com<mailto:bsenftner at cyberextruder.com>