[Live-devel] [live555 ProxyServer]: RTSP Stream not being received callback

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Mar 13 00:43:42 PDT 2020

> On Mar 13, 2020, at 6:10 PM, Siddhant Agarwal <siddhant.agarwal at staqu.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I am using Live555 Proxyserver with "-t" option for RTSP->RTSP Proxy. Incase there is a network issue and the rtsp url is not receiving any data or stream, How can I get to know which rtsp url is not receiving data.

It depends on why the Proxy Server is not receiving data from the ‘back end’ server.  If it’s because the server has died (or because the RTSP TCP connection has been reset for some other reason), then the Proxy Server will detect this, and (try to) reconnect automatically.

If however, the RTSP TCP connection is still alive, but the ‘back end’ server has - for whatever reason - decided to stop sending data, then there’s not much that you can do, other than to fix your ‘back end’ server.

If you really wanted to, you could modify the “LIVE555 Proxy Server” code to periodically measure how much data it has received on each ‘back end’ stream, so you could detect when a ‘back end’ stream has stopped streaming data.  If you do this, you’d be on your own (and could not expect any support from this mailing list), but for a hint on how you might do this, see how we implement the “-Q” flag in “openRTSP”.