[Live-devel] How to restrict stream from being viewed by more than one user?

Matthew Czarnek mczarnek at edge360.com
Thu Mar 19 12:18:50 PDT 2020

For my specific application, we would like to stream video over RTSP to a
specific user. Because RTSP isn't encrypted, we would like to instead make
sure that when a user requests a stream, using encrypted and secure
methods, that once we deliver it, that they are the only one it is streamed
to from the server to provide some extra protection along with a couple
other layers of protection.

I already have everything else working, am I looking right at some easy way
to execute some code upon a new stream starting up? If I
set reuseFirstSource to false, then is createNew called on the class
subclassed by FramedSource?

Thank you,
Matt