[Live-devel] Any feedback on the "LIVE555 HLS Proxy"?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed May 13 10:01:19 PDT 2020

> On May 14, 2020, at 2:58 AM, Rod Payne <rodpayne at byu.edu> wrote:
>
> 6. The problem that I ran into was that sometimes, maybe once per day, the segmentationCallback would stop getting called.

I’m not totally sure why this might be happening, but I’ve just installed a new version (2020.05.13) of the code that might (or might not) prevent this.

> Other times it would start calling again, but the duration of the segment would be greater than OUR_HLS_REWIND_DURATION, causing it to delete segments to get under the maximum until it ran out of segments and exited at the "should not happen" exit on line 353.  I fixed the HLS Proxy side of this by maintaining a segment count as segments were added and removed.  The "while" at line 350 was updated to also check the count to hold on to a minimum number of segments.  (I set it to three to be friendly to the browsers, but really it only has to be one.)

I would prefer to actually fix the problem, rather than 'working around' it.  However, if the newest release (2020.05.13) of the code does not fix this, then please post a patch for your workaround, and I’ll consider adding it to the code.