[Live-devel] How to handle RTP/RTCP connection to send audio using SIPClient

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Oct 28 07:50:05 PDT 2020

Bonjour Antoine,

The “playSIP” application was only ever intended to be used to *receive” media from a SIP connection.  It cannot be used for two-way communication - i.e, to send media as well as receiving it.

Our support for the SIP protocol is very limited (basically, just the “playSIP” application, whose code has not been updated in several years).  Most of our focus currently is on the RTSP protocol, not SIP.

Therefore, I suggest that you try to find some other documentation and/or source code to help your project.  Sorry.