[Live-devel] Synology live555 Changes

Kyle Sebion ksebion at digitalforces.com
Thu Oct 29 15:34:53 PDT 2020

It seems like you're responding directly to me.
I was just letting you know.
I am not affiliated with Synology.

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 11:10 AM Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>
wrote:

> > On Oct 30, 2020, at 2:37 AM, Kyle Sebion <ksebion at digitalforces.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Not sure if you knew, but Synology released source code changes to
> live555 at
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/dsgpl/files/Packages/DSM%206.0%20Package%20Release/
> .
> > Direct link to x64:
> https://master.dl.sourceforge.net/project/dsgpl/Packages/DSM%206.0%20Package%20Release/SurveillanceStation-x64.tgz
>
> A couple of quick comments here:
>
> 1/ In many cases, you have removed the copyright notice from the start of
> the file.  This is an absolute no no; you should not be releasing software
> that does this.  (Because of this, I have filed a takedown notice on this
> repository.)
>
> 2/ Why on Earth would you use such an old version - 2015.05.03 - of our
> code?  Many many improvements and bug fixes (including fixes of security
> vulnerabilities) have been made since then.
>

> Ross Finlayson
> Live Networks, Inc.
> http://www.live555.com/

If you have any additional problems or questions, or if this case needs to
be handled more urgently, please see below for contact information.

Thank you.

Kyle Sebion, Digital Forces Corp.

Urgent support: 630-978-2000 X 1.

Normal support: help at digitalforces.com (faster and better than my personal
email; reaches multiple people)
Voice: 630-299-4971 (same as x804). Text: (avoid) 630-447-0804.