[Live-devel] Streaming H264 elementary stream vs file

Simon Brown sbrown at microvideo.co.uk
Mon Sep 7 05:52:03 PDT 2020

Hi,

If I take our transport stream and convert it to raw H264 using FFmpeg
with this command line:

  ffmpeg -i udp://:61110 -c:v copy -an -f h264 test.264

and then ask testOnDemandRTSPServer to play it by asking for
rtsp://192.168.1.13/h264ESVideoTest

it plays fine.

However, if I change the ffmpeg command to pipe out the raw 264 data,
and then the RTSP server to accept stdin as the file for h264ESVideoTest
I get a single frame displayed and nothing more. Is there any reason for
this?

Regards,

Simon Brown

--