[Live-devel] Call Play command with time range

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Sep 21 09:43:36 PDT 2020

To my knowledge, there’s no standard way to query whether a RTSP server supports seeking by absolute time.  (There is the RTSP “OPTIONS” command, but the server handles that by responding only with the list of supported RTSP command names - not any more details.)

In principle, you could implement 'seeking by absolute time’ in our own RTSP server.  You could do this by reimplementing the virtual function “seekStreamSource()” in each subclass of “OnDemandServerMediaSubsession”.