[Live-devel] UAF in Live555

Ba Jinsheng bajinsheng at u.nus.edu
Fri Aug 6 07:58:20 PDT 2021

Hi,

I want to report another Use-after-free bug in live555:

The bug happens when setting up the same stream twice:
After sending a "DESCRIBE" command, we send a "SETUP" command, then use the returned "Session ID" to send another "SETUP" command to trigger this UAF:
[cid:image001.png at 01D78B15.663BFB20]

To reproduce it, please download the attachment:

  1.  Build the docker image:

docker build . -t live555_bug

  1.  Start a container on the image and open two terminals.
  2.  In one terminal, run the live555:
cd live/testProgs/; ./testOnDemandRTSPServer

  1.  On the other terminal, run the poc:

python3 poc.py
                Then the testOnDemandRTSPServer crashes.

Best regards,
Jinsheng Ba