[Live-devel] RTSP over HTTPS tunneling

Laszlo Ast ast at netavis.hu
Tue Dec 14 09:50:39 PST 2021

Hi Ross,

I made an attempt at implementing RTSP over HTTPS tunneling on the client side.
I've split the changes into 3 patch sets.
I tried to use tabs and spaces that match the surrounding code. In order to keep the tabs,
I attached the patches instead of pasting them into the mail body.

1. The first one fixes a minor issue (or at least it seems to be an issue):
RTSPClient::connectionHandler1 checks the opened socket. In case of HTTP tunneling,
it is the fInputSocketNum for the GET connection, but it should be the fOutputSocketNum
for the POST one. The simplest fix is to use fOutputSocketNum, since it is equal to
fInputSocketNum during opening the GET connection.

2. The second one adds optional TLS handling to the HTTP tunnel of the RTSPClient class.
The default is no TLS, so other code parts are not affected.

3. The third one adds a new option to openRTSP, to optionally make use of HTTPS tunneling.
Since it was difficult to find a free switch, having no better idea, the new option is
-X <https-port>
The options -t, -T and -X are mutually exclusive.

I hope you can incorporate some of the changes into the library!

Thanks,

Laszlo