[Live-devel] RTSP over HTTPS tunneling

Laszlo Ast ast at netavis.hu
Tue Dec 14 13:45:00 PST 2021

(For whatever reason, the mails are not delivered to my mailbox /yet?/,
even though I did not set digest mode, so the thread won't be nicely formatted.)

> Huh?  RTSP-over-HTTP on the client side has been implemented for more than 17 years now.  This already works.  Just pass a (non-zero) value for the “tunnelOverHTTPPortNum” parameter in the call to “RTSPClient::createNew()”.
>
> If you’re running “openRTSP”, use the
> 	-T <http-port-number>
> option; see http://live555.com/openRTSP/#other-options

It is about HTTPS, not HTTP.
I still might have overlooked something, or I possibly haven't described the implementation clear enough,
but it is RTSP over HTTP with TLS added to both the GET and the POST connections.

Laszlo