[Live-devel] RTSP over HTTPS tunneling

Laszlo Ast ast at netavis.hu
Wed Dec 15 04:28:29 PST 2021

 > That’s what I thought. I may add support for client-side RTSP-over-HTTPS sometime in the future, but (in order to
test this properly) I won’t do so until I also implement this in our RTSP server.
I fully understand that you need some kind of reference implementation on the server side.
At the moment, I can only state that I successfully tested the modified client on some cameras that support RTSP-over-HTTPS.

Would live555MediaServer with a socat tunnel that provides TLS count as a valid test case?
Because I successfully tested this setup with the modified client, as well.

If not, would it help if I came up with an RTSP-over-HTTPS implementation on the server side, as well?
But it is no problem, either, if you want to wait with RTSP-over-HTTPS for a while.