[Live-devel] RTSP Streaming to mp4 file, first frames of each corrupted

Benjamin Lowe benjamin at sc0ville.com
Thu Jan 7 18:21:34 PST 2021

I am streaming an RTSP stream (from an AXIS P7216 encoder). To connect to
it, I have used an ssh tunnel that forwards the remote stream so I can
access it as localhost.

The command I am using is as follows:

openRTSP -D 1 -c -B 10000000 -b 10000000 -Q -F cam_eight -P 30 -4 -t -u
username password "rtsp://localhost:5544/axis-media/media.amp"

The same occurs when removing the -B and -b arguments above.

The first clip saves fine, but all subsequent clips show some
corrupted frames for the first second or so, you can see an example
corrupted clip:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QXJmnjhW68mFlzW5bTOZafDGHjasMNld/view?usp=sharing

And a healthy clip:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16RS9gp8i7f_xTRWRwSanQ5lVFQfgVGTF/view?usp=sharing

I would be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions as to the cause?

The following ffmpeg command:
ffmpeg -rtsp_transport tcp -i
"rtsp://username:password@localhost:5544/axis-media/media.amp"
 -vcodec copy -acodec copy -map 0 -f segment -segment_time 3
-segment_format mp4  "$(date +\%Y-\%m-\%d_\%H-\%M-\%S.\%4N)__%03d.mp4" does
not have this issue, but FFMPEG freezes erratially after a few hours, and I
have no idea why, but hoping openRTSP might be more reliable.

Kind Regards,