[Live-devel] RTSP Streaming to mp4 file, first frames of each corrupted

Benjamin Lowe benjamin at sc0ville.com
Thu Jan 7 20:30:50 PST 2021

I see thank you for this clear explanation. Are you aware of any methods
out there for recording an RTSP stream reliably to file without losing
partial frames?

When FFMPEG is used to capture the frames directly, it seems to not have
this issue, so I presume they have some logic for extending the clip to end
of each keyframe, but it seems FFMPEG just freezes with no error after some
amount of time; I saw in OpenRTSP API docs it mentions about a OPTIONS ping
to buggy RTSP servers can be used to keep them alive; maybe I should try
that.

Kind Regards,