[Live-devel] Question about Recursive TaskScheduler::doEventLoop Call

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jan 12 01:39:02 PST 2021

> And now I still have a possible option: implementing a event-pool "TaskScheduler". But I worry whether this is feasible, since the whole library is designed basing on event-driven with one thread.

No, this won’t work; LIVE555 application code must be single-threaded.

Because your use case seems reasonable, I think the best solution is for us to update the code so that “lookupServerMediaSession()” is an asynchronous operation (taking a ‘callback’ parameter that will get called when the the lookup completes).  This will allow you to do what you want to do (in your “RTSPServer” subclass).  (I’ll send an email to this list when this is done; stay tuned…)